Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fabulous Focaccia? YES!

Okay, so I don't know if it's really fabulous or not.. but it sure does look fabulous. Doesn't it?

I used this recipe... well, kind of. ;) (I have a hard time following any recipe very closely, apparently.)

I followed the dough part... but for the shaping and the toppings.. here's what I did.

I shaped mine in a circle and put it on my greased pizza stone (seriously, if you don't have one, go get one. I love mine!).  I let rise like it says.. then I put "dimples" (I thought this meant poke with my finger a bunch? If not, well, that's what I did!), as directed.

I brushed it with olive oil.

But the part where it says caramelize onions? Well, I caramelized half a red onion cause that's what I had in my fridge. Then I added minced garlic to the pan and cooked that a little bit at the end.

Instead of shredded parm, I used shredded mozz. Again, just because it's what I had!

So, recap of steps: Raised dough, dimpled dough, brushed with olive oil, topped with mozz, topped with red onions & garlic, and then sprinkled with crushed rosemary and fresh cracked black peppercorn!

I baked mine for 20 minutes in a 400 degree preheated oven (recipe says 15 minutes. I think mine was thicker is why it seemed to take longer!).

Not sure how it actually tastes... We'll see tomorrow! But doesn't the picture look amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment